Biyernes, Oktubre 19, 2012

IDA Day!

Today marks Ida's first day in our company. Of course, we weren't as close back then but it doesn't really matter. In my calendar, today is IDA (Ida Deserves Appreciation) Day! To show my love to the REAL evil twin, here's a poem*:


Whoever thought that we'd be this close?
Two unlikely friends, more likely to be foes!
Let's shout and celebrate; let us all cheer
For it has been a year, Idapot, my dear!

Yes, it has been a year since your bag from Davao
Made me smile and coo and go "Oh, wow!"
And it has been a year since I gave you cake
To bribe you "for a trivia point's sake."

Christmas came and Christmas passed,
Who'd ever thought our friendship would last?
We met new people and the gang grew bigger
Yet our bond grew stronger, stronger and stronger.

And, ever since, you have always been there
To remind me of my importance, to show that you care.
You were there during my best and my worst days
To make me feel special in so many ways.

Ha, who'd ever think we'd be as close as we are now
And stomach each other's differences somehow:
How cute you can giggle when I cackle like a witch,
How outgoing I can be when pleasantries you ditch?

Sometimes I really wonder how this works
Our friendship, I mean, with all our contrastive quirks.
Though one thing is for sure, I think:
We can talk for days, even eras, 'til we stink!

So I wrote this to say that I'm really happy
That I'm your friend, though you can be, er, bitchy.
And, for the record, what you keep on saying is true:
Great things happen to people who listen to you.

Yes, it has been a year, Idapot, my dear,
And everything has been far from sere.
But I know I can go through all things thick and thin
As long as I have the love of my twin. :)




HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, IDAPOT!
I am so glad you're in my life! :)
(Sounds just a tad bit wrong...LOL #PervinizedMind)


*I claim poetic license so this poem is error-free. I don't even know if "claim" is the right word to use in my previous sentence. Sorry, Ida. We both know we lack sleep today/tonight.

2 komento:

  1. Haha! It's only now that I realize that 'happy' can be rhymed with 'bitchy'. Thanks for the easy to understand poem and the way kinder choices of pics. :D
    Now, where's my cake?? Hahahahaha! >:)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Hahahaha! I really thought long and hard about/of that. LOL. Anyway, how can I buy cake for you? We were together at ATC earlier! #DemandingBitch

    TumugonBurahin